Finding the right boudoir photographer can feel overwhelming because there are so many options. You want to feel good about making the right choice. Every photographer works a little differently and it’s hard to distinguish who would be the right fit just by looking at a website or calling over the phone.
I want to give you a good idea about what my process looks like and how I’m different from other studios, because I feel like my process is much different than other photographers in the Seattle area. So hopefully after reading this, you will be well informed before your session and you’ll know what to expect at your shoot. SO HERE IT IS:
– First up is My Glam Team! When you arrive for your shoot, Shalonda Peguero will get you all glammed up for your photoshoot. She started her career as an artist for MAC Cosmetics in Downtown Seattle. From there she perfected her craft and created her business Shalonda Peguero Makeup Artistry. Shalonda is a M.U.D certified Educator and teaches Makeup Artistry classes at Evergreen Beauty College in Washington State. In addition to teaching, Shalonda is a National Makeup Artist for Estee Lauder.
She has had the privilege to work with celebrities such as Grammy-nominee Elle King, Sevyn Streeter, Cedella Marley and TV personalities April Ryan, Jemele Hill, Karen Civil and Patrisse Cullors. In addition she has worked with countless brides and takes pride on being able to flawlessly apply makeup to different skin tones.
Her makeup has been featured in Seattle Bride, Buzzfeed, and Huffpost.
Shalonda is involved in the community in many ways and she distinguishes herself through her volunteer work. Some of her past (and future) community involvement has been with The Beyond Project, a non-profit organization that helps the community by bringing wellness education and services to those less fortunate.
After years of working in the industry and carefully growing the team with only the most talented artists, I can confidently say that I have the best hair and makeup artist in Seattle.
– The option to not purchase prints & products if you're not absolutely in love with your images. I have an extremely client-friendly studio, but professional in my processes as well. Our photo shoots are about allowing you ample time to experience the entire process of being guided into creating beautiful photos of you at your best.
– The variety of sets and looks available in our studio are immense! We have a fully built naturally lit studio with multiple backdrops, beds, furniture, everything you can think of to create a huge variety in your boudoir shoot. There's not one look that you can create in our studio, but several.
– I am the owner and photographer of Boudoir by Angela! I'm in charge of absolutely everything that happens in my studio. From booking to shooting, to selecting images, to retouching. There are no executives making decisions for me at all times, this allows me to work closely with you instead of being separated from you by layers of management telling me what they think is best for my business over the phone or over e-mail. Everything that is needed in order for you to have an amazing experience happens right here in our studio under my supervision.
– I have a very narrow niche: I shoot only women's boudoir photography! No weddings, no events, no senior pictures. Just the beauty of women! I truly love what I do and want you to experience it too, so making sure there's only one type of shoot offered allows me to focus all my attention on your needs as a boudoir client.
– Our mission is to empower all women no matter your size, age or ethnicity. As you may know I believe that every woman should feel beautiful and sexy at any size or shape. This has been my mission since day one and it still rings true today! If you're not comfortable in front of the camera, we will work together to get the beauty and sensuality out of you that I'm looking for because I know it's in there!
– I'm very prompt with returning images! Once your shoot is finished I will send you an e-mail confirmation so you can sit back and relax until your gallery is ready. With our commitment to giving great service, we give you the gallery of images via private online link within 7 days so that way if you need something before your check arrives, it's available to do!
–We are centrally located in the south suburbs of Seattle which means little traveling time for either of us, always a plus!
So those are just some of the benefits that Boudoir by Angela offers that sets us apart from other studios. Every studio out there has gifts they offer their clients, but our services are unique enough to allow us to stand out among the rest :) xo!